Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I finally got it!

My copy of A Dance With Dragons finally showed up in the post. At over a thousand pages it looks like a daunting read. Fortunately George R.R. Martin has a writing style that caries you along, unlike J.R.R. Tolkien who's writing I find to be somewhat ponderous. I found myself dozing off from time to time while trying to read some of Tolkien's stuff. I'm not saying the man was not a good writer, to the contrary, I've read The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings more than once.
So once I finish a long list of honey-do's I shall retire to a quiet corner and see whats shaking in Westros, across the sea and beyond the Wall, I'm sure I'll enjoy it all and be waiting expectantly for book 6, which I hope will get here in less than 5 years, I'm getting too old to wait that long for a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment